Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blue Peaock

Hi Everyone,
Sandy here with the last post this week on the theme "Animals Antics".
Usually Louise is the one who finishes off the week, but this week we swopped as I've been visiting family in Sweden for a few days, and I just returned back late this afternoon.
Anyway, here's my take on this week's theme:
It'd probably have come more natural for me to use a dog or a cat on my card, but since I had this gorgeous image called "White Peacock Dryad" from Sweet Pea Stamps, by one of my favourite fantasy designers, Ching Chou Kui, I decided to use it instead.

The papers are from Maja Design's Vintage Spring Basics Collection. The flower patterned paper (6th of April) I think goes particularly well with this image.

I frantaged some of the flowers, the frame around the image, as well as the Doily with "Aged Rose" and used "Shabby Blue" for the peacock charm and the mini bark heart. The antique blue Kort & Godt rolled roses I dipped in Glossy and Diamond Dust.
I used  "Baby Blue" Liquid Pearls for the peacock feathers and for some of the pearls on the image.
The seam binding is "Ash Rose and "Storm Clouds". The paper edges were distressed with "Victorian Velvet". I think that's about it.

This card is based upon a sketch I designed for the Sketchy Challenges and Live & Love Crafts is sponsoring this challenge, so if you'd like to be in the running of a LLC Voucher, please come join us!
 Hugz,
Sandy


4 comments: