Friday, November 1, 2013

Clocks, Hearts and Flowers

WARNING:  This post is SUPER picture heavy.  :)

This month at LLC our new challenge is this photo inspiration.  Isn't it pretty? 
In this picture I found the clock, hearts (even on the mugs), flowers and winter and there's a lot more too.

I made a sticky note easel card which I put a WHOLE lotta love into because it's for my sister's birthday!!!  I used the new Maja Design's "Vintage Autumn Basics" and the image is "Nikki" from Saturated Canary.


Don't you just love these new skates in at LLC?!!  ADORABLE!!  I distressed the edges of them at the back end and then I added some shabby white Frantage.  The Tim Holtz weathered clock die is painted with TH distress stain and then covered with TH clear rock candy.  Oh and I also added some Gesso...over EVERYTHING!  I cut a small piece of Maja dp and adhered it on to the back of the MF frame and then added the distressed "hb" for my sentiment.
 Isn't this white apple just the sweetest?!!  I love it!!  I've tied a shabby seam binding bow on to my Magnolia heart tag, added a nice Prima paper clip clock with some gorgeous Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  I've also added two clay hearts with some shabby blue Frantage embossed onto them.  Sooooooo pretty!!
A close up of my image and it's a better picture of the super cute wooden hearts new to the LLC store as well.  I HAD to add some glitter to this somewhere since that's one of my sister's favorite things.  Well, isn't it all of ours?  hee hee


This is the base piece of my creation.  Isn't that lace just gorgeous peeking out both sides of the sticky note holder?  Also, I just love these new Prima resin corner pieces. 


My sticky note easel card when it's closed.  I wrapped it in tissue and then in bubble wrap and crossed my fingers!!  LOL!! 


So that's my fully loaded post for today!  I hope you enjoyed it and also, if you'd like to try to make one for yourself, I have a tutorial on my blog.  Thanks for visiting!



2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!! Your project is JUST STUNNING...I'm coming back when I can spend a bit more time to look up your tutorial!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really went all out on this one. It's totally gorgeous and Simone is drooling and crying at the same because you put so much love and devotion into this. I love the tutorial for the Post-It Note card and in the process for making several as little Christmas mementos for those special someones. You always amaze me at how intricate and precise your embellishments are placed. I love it!!!! "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete