Friday, July 4, 2014

Double Layer Wedding Explosion Box

Hi Everyone,
Sandy here. Now that the DT has time off to enjoy the Summer, you're stuck with me. Hehe.
Don't worry though: we got two lovely projects from Vicky and Diana coming up this weekend.

I thought I'd show you an explosion box that I created a couple of months ago when my sister got married. 
WARNING: This is an extremely picture heavy post!!!

Starting from the outside....I used Maja Design's romantic collection Sofiero. For the box itself I used "Enjoying the lovely Fragrance" and for the lid ""Royal Summer Residence".

On the lid I created a heart with different flowers in pink, brown and ivory. They were covered in lots of Stickles Stardust. Then I put some jute twine around the heart and glued on some Melissa Frances pearls.
Oh, and there's obviously cheese cloth underneath the heart. :-) 

This is what it looks like when the lid has been removed: 

As you can see, I have got double layers inside the box.
The seambinding is keeping the 2nd layer from opening.
The beautiful brown paper here is "Princess Margareta's Garden".

Here's a view from the side:

The box holds these pull out photo mats:
The die is from Marianne Design, and I used the pink and cream coloured Rhinestones Lace.
The blue doesn't really fit with the rest of the colour scheme, but you know that saying...
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"

I cut the corners, so they would be heart-shaped. Then I stamped a swirl from Stempelglede's Grunge Flourish Heart set on them. The other panels have got patterned papers and some memorable quotes on them.

When the seambinding has been loosened, the wedding cake is revealed:
The inside of the panels are "Enjoying the Lovely Fragrance" again.
The cake I made with 7th of May from Maja's Vintage Spring Basics Collection.

The cute banner border is from Maya Road, and then I also used some 2mm pearl string.
On top a variety of  flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, some frosted berries and cheese cloth.
The cake was placed on a Melissa Frances Paper Lace Doily.

Last look of the explosion box with the lid in the background:
I did warn ya' it'd be a picture heavy post, didn't I?! :-)

Hope you enjoyed; I certainly did creating it, but I'm not going to tell you how many silly hours I spent on it, LOL.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.
Hugz, Sandy



9 comments:

  1. OMG Sandy...THIS IS STUNNING!!! I SO LOVE explosion boxes...I've never seen one like this!!! I just can't find the words to truly describe how BEAUTIFUL this is...double layered too...you are my hero!!! The Maja paper of course is the PERFECT choice but your design is the STAR of this creation!!!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, this is absolutely stunning and so romantic. The crazy hours you spent on this piece has been clearly worth it as I am sure will be a treasured keepsake by your sister.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply exquisite Sandy, the best exploding box I've seen! Gorgeous design with your fabulous embellishments and paper. A super eye candy indeed.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow..... unbelievable... I have no words, a great idea and amazing beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a wonderful creation must have taken you ages the detail is fantastic just amazing. Bet your sister really appreciated such a thoughtful gift. Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of work Sandy, but a super beautiful and amazing creation ... and then that wonderful cake!!! WOUW awesome!
    Every one a nice weekend!
    Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absollutely stunning, love it, what a lovely heart created with flowers, love it, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy this is a real treasure..., gorgeous, amazing, wonderful...!!!
    Lot's of love,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!!! So elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete